Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Observe and Understand His Lovingkindness

You don't have to be in ministry very long before you come across hurting people. At times the wounds and burdens of others can be overwhelming.  


It can be difficult to know what to say and how to minister to each individual hurt and need. 

Some hurts are so deep that you don't even dare say you understand.  


How can you possibly 

identify with

and understand 

the bone-deep 

heart ache 

that people go through?




What words are there for the mother who has lost her young son?  What can you say to heal the hurt of the girl with an abusive father?  What lofty speech can mend the broken marriages, lost jobs, miscarriages, lost homes, lost loved ones, broken dreams, disappointments, 


b r o k e n, 


h u r t i n g 


p e o p l e... 


who am I to help them?






I find hope. 

I find peace. 

I find healing in this one fact:




The day that I forget that, is the day I will wound those coming to me for comfort, hope, peace, and a listening ear.  


May I never see the day that I have the answers for hurting people.


Psalm 107 ministered these thoughts to me.  It's a Psalm exhorting people to praise God for His mercy and redemption. It speaks of the hungry, thirsty, those who sat in darkness and in the shadow of death, those at their wit's end.  They call upon the Lord and He hears and heals them with His word.


Psalm 107:43 -


Whoever is wise will observe these things,
And they will understand the lovingkindness of the Lord.








3 comments:

  1. great post....and yes no answer but the love of Jesus. We can only take them to Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl you better get posting....i know you have much to say

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 107:43 was the verse I wrote in the new sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete