Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Go Ye Therefore!

I have been hearing some talk lately that has me all fired up! I have heard talk from various people about needing to be the right type, ethnicity, personality, color, etc of person in order to reach others.


What a paralyzing and arrogant attitude to have!


Paralyzing in the fact that if I don't meet a certain criteria of person then God cannot use me in the lives of others. I think of Amy Carmichael in China and India, she was not a native to either country and she touched lives even as far reaching as my own heart! 


My kids are reading a book called The Peace Child about a couple in the 70s who went and ministered to cannibals - what race of person is the right fit for that ministry? 



Extra tasty? 


Maybe boney and unappetizing?


This idea is arrogant in the idea that God NEEDS us as though WE have anything to do with the salvation of others! Should God choose to bless us with the opportunity to reach others and should we be willing to answer that call - 


Praise be to God!


The great commission was a call to go to EVERY nation not just those that you identify with or might identify with you!


Let us not forget that it is God that works in people's hearts and it's HIS love that can overcome our differences!


Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
~ Ephesians 3:20-21

3 comments:

  1. Extra tasty? Maybe boney and unappetizing?
    That made me laugh out loud. So funny. BUT so true. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. cannibals - hhhmmmm I wonder if I could get myself out of that one.
    So now that you are all fired up let me ask have you kindly corrected these foolish thinking people???? Maybe that is your commission.
    lol love ya friend -good post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read that book! We've heard wind of some of this foolish thinking.

    Great post Julee! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete