Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Butterfly Moments

photo by Jody McNary Photographyvia PhotoRee

Remembrances of God's love floating in the wind

When I was in college I invented a game for myself that has stuck with me through the years.  The game was that any time a butterfly crossed my path, it was God reminding me of His love for me.


Since that time, I have often smiled at the timing of these fluttering wonders that dance beside me.

Be it a good day or bad, my mind always turns back to my Savior and His great love and tender care for me. Like a surprise from a very dear friend, a knowing smile spreads across my face at this gift.  My step springs lighter and I smirk at my little secret.


Looking in the Bible, I see that I am not alone in setting these reminders before my eyes.  The old testament if full of building memorials, putting God's word before you. I am reminded of Deuteronomy 6:

“You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. “You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Love God with all your heart, soul & mind, let the commandments of God be on your heart, teach these to your kids and put them before you as reminders!


I was sitting in my chair today watching the butterflies fly in my neighbor's garden, smiling at God's great care for me and thinking of you.  What are those sweet and tender things that remind you of Him? 


Like a romantic lover He woos us to His heart.

photo by SimplyShutterbugvia PhotoRee

1 comment:

  1. Me TOO w/ butterflies....Julie K shared a story a very long time ago in how God encouraged her with a little white butterfly. Ever since I heard that story i have always looked at butterfies with that sweet tender encouragement from the Lord and the reminder to pray for her so now it will be both of you that my heart will be promted to pray for. Good thing your both named Julee/Julie... makes it easy for this old lady to remember - teehee.
    I also have a sweet awareness of the Lord with hummingbirds. I have my entire life - honestly ever since I can remember. The funny thing is there is this hummingbird sitting (yes sitting) on this branch when I go to the track to run most mornings. Something pretty amazing in that for me. Thanks for bringing these sweet thoughts to my mind. I needed it today - xoxox
    Yes he/He was there when I went to the track today.

    ReplyDelete